One Take Talks | E03 | Five Common Headshot Mistakes
Posted at h in Tips
Today we are shooting from The Clink Restaurant, at Her Majesty’s prison in Brixton, but we are here to talk to you about Five Common Headshot Mistakes.
- Not knowing who you are. It’s important to know before turning up to your shoot, your message and how you want to portray yourself and your business. You can then discuss this with your photographer and come to a creative solution that will represent you and your brand best
- Not turning up prepared. When preparing for a headshot session you have to prepare mentally and physically. Some can find this a nerve-racking experience (although we make everyone feel as comfortable as possibly), so you need to mentally prep yourself and feeling your most confident, whether thats listening your favourite song on the way, wearing your favourite dress, whatever it may be. Prepping physically can be thinking about what expressions to use ahead of time, bringing the correct props or outfits etc
- Post production. Its vital you find a photographer that is going to spend the time to brighten and enhance all of your natural features apparent to the human eye as the camera and lights can often be a little unforgiving.
- Lighting. Ensure that you are using a photographer that knows lighting and therefore knows how to light your face perfectly, to compliment your lovely face.
- Direction. Finding a photographer who is going to direct you in the way you need isn’t always easy. Have a chat with your photographer before the shoot, and ensure that they are the right photography for the job.